Here's one for your inner artist: Create a Mass Effect 3 multiplayer-challenge-themed banner to be featured in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. The top five entries, as judged by the BioWare team, will be featured in the multiplayer portion of the game. Even if you haven't participated in the multiplayer portion of Mass Effect 3 avidly, you can glean some inspiration from the comprehensive list over at the Mass Effect Wiki. Submissions will be accepted by email until February 22, 2013 at 6PM GMT.
If you’ve been playing a lot of multiplayer since the release of Mass Effect 3: Retaliation, chances are that you’ve already gotten yourself a sizeable collection of in-game banners. As proud of those accomplishments as you are, have you ever thought about how cool it would be to create a banner of your own? Well, wonder no more!
How would you like to create a multiplayer banner and have your design featured in Mass Effect 3? If the answer to that question is, “yes,” then here are a few details that you’ll need to get started:
IMPORTANT: Before participating in the Mass Effect 3 Community Art Contest, please read the Official Contest Rules. You will have to acknowledge and accept these rules when you email your submission.
- The contest begins on February 15, 2013 at 12PM GMT, and submissions will be accepted until February 22, 2013 at 6PM GMT.
- Pick your favorite Mass Effect 3 multiplayer challenge and use that as the inspiration for your own design. If obtaining N7 Mastery was your crowning achievement, create a banner that you feel best captures that pride. Please note that weekend operation challenges do not apply for this contest.
- Multiplayer banners are should be 512 pixels x 128 pixels. Please submit in .jpg .bmp, .gif, .psd, or .png file format only.
- Email your submissions along with your full name, birthdate, country and the name of the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer challenge that inspired your artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org. All email submissions must also include an active acknowledgement and acceptance of the contest rules with the statement “I have read and accept the Mass Effect 3 Community Art Contest Official Rules.” No exceptions.
- All submissions will be voted on by the BioWare team from February 22, 2013 12PM GMT to February 26, 2013 at 6PM GMT. Each submission will be based on creativity, originality, and accuracy to the Mass Effect 3 challenge it was inspired by. BioWare will select 5 winners and include their artwork in-game as a multiplayer banner.
Looking for inspiration? Look no further than the existing banners that have been awarded in multiplayer. The volus have always had a natural affinity for biotics. Think you can create something better for the Biotic Mastery Challenge, then submit your design to us!
If you need help with art, please feel free to use any of the numerous images on the Mass Effect website, at www.MassEffect.com/images.
Good luck, and get creative!
And for those of us who are a little unfamiliar with timezone conversions, here's a chart:
Time Zone Conversion