When we first sat down to brainstorm Dragon Age Legends here at EA2D, we knew we wanted it to address three core concepts: legendary heroes, legendary quests, and legendary beards. Now that we're in open beta, we feel the game succeeds on all of these fronts -- especially the beard bit. So to celebrate the legendary beardness of Dragon Age Legends -- and to thank you all for being such loyal and supportive fans -- we've come up with the Beard of Legends contest.
The basic gist is this: We want you to either snap a picture of yourself sporting a homemade legendary beard or digitally add one to a non-bearded photo of you. Be as fun and creative as possible -- and make sure to follow our guidelines below! If you're unsure what constitutes a legendary beard, refer to these before and after images of Community Manager Brett Bates:
Two lucky winners (one chosen by us, one chosen by you all from our top three runners-up) will each receive the following: Dragon Age 2: Collector's Edition, a Be Legendary! T-shirt, and a unique premium weapon named after their Dragon Age Legends hero. So if you want to be immortalized forever in Dragon Age Legends, this is your chance!
1. Take a photograph of yourself sporting a homemade legendary beard, or snap a non-bearded picture and digitally enhance yourself with legendary beardness. Our judging criteria is as follows: 30% originality, 30% silliness, 40% association with Dragon Age Legends.
2. Save the finalized image as a JPEG of resolution 1600x1200, 1024x768, or 800x600. File size can be no larger than 2 megabytes.
3. Submit your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your Facebook profile link, email address, date of birth, and the name of your Dragon Age Legends hero. Use the subject line "Beard of Legends Contest."
4. Contest period ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PST on May 11, 2011. For the full official rules and restrictions, please see below.
Beard of Legends Contest
2011 Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID IN QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. To Enter.
To enter the Beard of Legends Contest (the, “Contest”) beginning 12:00:01 a.m. PST on MAY 5, 2011 through 11:59:59 p.m. PST on May 11, 2011 (the “Contest Period”) visit www.facebook.com/DragonAgeLegends (the “Site”) and follow the instructions to submit your user or screen name, email address, date of birth, name of hero avatar and your Beard of Legends submission*, with the words, “Beard of Legends Contest” in the subject line (collectively, the “Entry” or “Entries”) to email@example.com. No other methods of entry will be accepted.
*Beard of Legends Submission Guidelines
Entrants’ submitted Entries must incorporate the entrant’s own originally created artwork (“Original Creations”). Entries must pertain to the Dragon Age Legends game, and must be submitted in .JPEG file format following the Entry instructions above, sized no larger than 2 megabytes or less with a resolution of either 1600*1200, 1024*768 or 800*600” and attached within your email Entry. Be sure to include the words, “Beard of Legends Contest” in the email subject line. No group, or team efforts, or multi-author(ed) designs will be accepted in this Contest. For purposes of this Contest all Entries will be presumed authored by the person submitting the Entry. You may not incorporate your own facial likeness, or that of another person, within your design. Entries submitted in this Contest must not contain any pornography, or other illicit content, and must be appropriate for audiences at least 18 years of age, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Submission of previously published art (other than the Sponsor-provided images) is prohibited. Any Entry that incorporates prohibited content, including but not limited to, third party creations (other than the Sponsor-provided images), trademarks, names, or other third party property(ies), or the work of creative consultants, or the entrant’s likeness, or the likenesses of any other real-life individuals, or any content that is pornographic, illicit, or otherwise not appropriate for audiences aged at least 18, or that otherwise in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion violates the above Guidelines and/or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, will not be accepted for entry and will not be eligible to win any prize in this Contest.
Limit: You may submit 3 entries, but are only eligible to win one prize. By entering, entrants warrant that their Entries contain only Sponsor-provided Contest Assets, if any, and/or their own, Original Creations. Entrants further warrant their Entries do not contain any third party copyrighted materials, and otherwise do not violate or infringe the rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights or rights of publicity/privacy, of any third party. By providing any Contest Assets for entrant’s use Sponsor is granting entrants a limited, non-exclusive, non-commercial license to use the Contest Assets solely in connection with, and as a part of, the Contest. Entrants shall otherwise have no right, title or interest in or to any Contest Assets, and any use of the Contest Assets (including use of the entrant’s Entry that contains Contest Assets) other than as permitted by these Official Rules may constitute copyright and/or trademark infringement. Entries must be suitable for publication (i.e. not obscene, offensive or indecent) and must not have been submitted in other contests or been previously published. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any Entry containing racial, religious, or ethnic slurs, explicit language, obscene, pornographic, violent, or sexual content, or libel, hate speech, references to alcohol, drugs or other illicit substances, or otherwise objectionable, offensive, illegal or prohibited material. Completed entries must be sent electronically during the Contest Period and received by 11:59:59 p.m. PST on May 11, 2011. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, incomplete, incorrect, or misdirected entries. Proof of submission of Contest Entry is not considered proof of delivery or receipt of such Entry by Sponsor. Sponsor and its Agents (defined below) assume no responsibility for lost, late, intercepted, incomplete, incorrect, or misdirected entries, or Entries not otherwise received by Sponsor. Use of a false email account will disqualify an Entry. Sponsor and its Agents (defined below) are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, misdirected entries, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, misdirected, garbled, damaged or delayed electronic or other communications or other technical problems related to emailed Entries. Any communication or information transmitted to Sponsor and/or the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, is and will be treated as non-confidential and nonproprietary. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any submission containing racial or ethnic slurs, explicit language or sexual content or otherwise offensive or illegal material. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, further reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Site, or who otherwise violates these Official Rules. By entering, entrants accept and agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules.
2. Eligibility. This Contest is only open to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and Canada (except Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry and who had Internet access as of April 29, 2011. This Contest is void in Quebec. Employees of Electronic Arts Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies (“Sponsor and its Agents”) and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible. Contest is void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law. All federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply.
3. Winner Selection and Notification. On or about May 12, 2011, Sponsor or its designee, the Contest Judge, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest, will independently evaluate and judge all eligible Entries received and select in its sole and absolute discretion, the top four (4) entries (collectively the, “Top Entry” or “Top Entries”) based on the following criteria: 30% originality, 30% silliness, 40% association with the Dragon Age Legends game. The Entry with the highest ranking will be determined as a winner.
The remaining three (3) Top Entries will then be posted on the Dragon Age Legends Facebook website at www.facebook.com/dragonagelegends by May 13, 2011, for public voting via selecting the “Like” button near next to the applicable Entry. Public voting will take place between May 13, 2011 and May 16, 2011. Anyone is free to cast their vote for any of the three (3)Top Entries during the voting period. The Entry with the most “Likes” will be selected as a winner. The public can vote for more than one Entry. In the unlikely event of a tie, the Contest Judge will determine the winner among those tying Entries by selecting the Entry with the highest ranking in the originality category. The Contest Judge’s decisions are final and binding.
On or about May 17, 2011, following the close of public voting, two (2) potential winners based on the Top Entry with the highest ranking or greatest number of votes as evidenced by public voting results will be notified by an email sent to the email address specified on the Contest Entry.
Winners may be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and, except where prohibited, Liability/Publicity Release, in the form provided by Sponsor, within 14 days of attempted notification in order to claim prize. Canadian winners must also answer a skill-based question in order to claim prize. If a winner is 18 or older, as required, but a minor in his or her state, country or providence of residence, winner’s parent or legal guardian will be required to sign all necessary documents. If the winner cannot be contacted at the email address provided at Entry, is contacted and does not respond as directed within 14 days of attempted notification, refuses the prize or is ineligible to accept the prize, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. All prizes claimed in accordance with the Official Rules will be awarded. Winner may be required to provide a U.S. or Canadian shipping address to claim prize. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of prize.
4. Prizes. There are two (2) prizes. Odds of winning any prize depend upon the number of eligible entries in the Sweepstakes.
Two (2) Prizes: Two (2) Winners will each receive one Dragon Age 2 Collector’s Edition videogame, a Be Legendary! T-shirt, and a unique, premium weapon named after their Dragon Age Legends hero. Approximate retail value of each prize is $150.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of prizes for cash or other goods and services is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal or greater value if an advertised prize becomes unavailable. Software, including platform and/or versions and T-shirt size to be awarded as prizes are within the sole discretion of Sponsor and subject to availability. Platforms/consoles are not included in prizes except as otherwise stated in these Official Rules. All taxes, including, without limitation, all federal, state, provincial, and local taxes, and international tariffs, are the sole responsibility of the individual winner.
5. General Conditions. Sponsor and its Agents are not in any way responsible or liable for damages, loss or injury resulting from participation in this Contest or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prizes awarded in this Contest. Entrants and winners assume sole liability for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to property, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in this Contest or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prize awarded. Sponsor has the right to cancel, terminate or modify this Contest if it cannot be completed as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures, or other conditions beyond Sponsor's control, including, without limitation, insufficient volume of eligible entries, and to select winners from eligible entries received on or before the termination date. Sponsor is not responsible for any failure to contact entrants whether due to technical or human error.
By entering this Contest, each entrant (i) grants to Sponsor and its Agents a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, right to use the Entry or a copy of the Entry for any purpose related to promotion of the Contest or of future contests or promotions of Sponsor or its Agents, the promotion, publicity, marketing and advertising for the Dragon Age video game franchise, and existing and future Dragon Age video games, specifically including, but not limited to the posting, performance and use of the Entry on Sponsor and/or its Agents’ respective websites, and agrees (ii) that Sponsor and its Agents have the right to use the Entries, and, except if Entrant is a resident of TN or otherwise where prohibited by law, has the right to use the entrant’s first and/or last name, user or screen name and hometown on Sponsor’s and/or its Agents respective websites and in any and all media in and in connection with promotion, publicity, marketing and advertising for the Dragon Age videogame franchise, existing or future Dragon Age video games, this Contest or other promotions by Sponsor and/or its Agents without any further attribution, notification or compensation to entrants; (iii) that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and/or its Agents, may adapt, edit, composite, remix, morph, scan, duplicate, alter and/or otherwise modify any Entry, in whole or in part, without any restrictions as to changes, for publication or for any other purpose, as Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, or that is otherwise allowed under these Official Rules; (iv) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest Judges and (v) to be contacted by Sponsor or its agents by telephone, mail and/or email regarding this Contest.
By entering the Contest and by accepting a prize, the Contest winners irrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsor any and all rights, title, and interest in and to the Entry (with respect to their Original Creations included as part of the Entry), including without limitation, all copyrights and a waiver of all moral rights in the Entry. Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any of the Entries, including the winning Entries and Entrants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason of Sponsor’s use or non-use of any entry. The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States. If there is a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered.
6. Winners list. A winners list will be available at www.facebook.com/DragonAgeLegends after all winners are determined and verified, and posted for approximately two (2) weeks and is also available by sending a stamped, self addressed envelope to “Beard of Legends Contest,” Electronic Arts Inc., c/o EA 2D, Beard of Legends, 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA. 94065 for receipt by June 1, 2011.
7. Sponsor. This Contest is sponsored by Electronic Arts Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065.
© 2011 Electronic Arts Inc. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Electronic Arts Terms of Service: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/
This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints will be directed to Electronic Arts. Facebook is not associated with this promotion and by entering, you fully and completely release Facebook from any liability arising out of this promotion.