As it turns out, Game Informer is the first magazine to premiere new information about Mass Effect 3. Subscribers are starting to receive their May 2011 issue, featuring Commander Shepard on the cover, and thanks to the Internet, you can see the entire 12-page article online. Check out the hi-res scans, along with a summary of the information that subscribers have gleaned from the feature spread after the break.
- Game begins with Shepard on Earth
- Shepard is on trial in regard to the events of Arrival
- Reapers invade while the trial is happening
- Prologue: Shepard’s escape to the Normandy, off to start finding allies, fighting Reaper troops
- Squadmates include Liara, Ashley/Kaiden, Garrus, James Sanders
- Screenshot shown of Ashley with her hair down
- Confirmed appearances (may not be squadmates): Wrex, Mordin, Legion, and Anderson
- Game will show a “previously on Mass Effect” comic to make decisions if you’re starting from scratch
- The Illusive Man plays a big role
- Cerberus is out to kill Shepard
- Enhanced RPG elements
- More freedom with character skills
- Larger skill trees
- Powers will evolve several times, not just once
- Weapons are like the ones in Mass Effect 2, have a set list
- Mods returning, swap out different parts such as barrels, scopes (effect both the weapon’s combat performance and its appearance)
- All classes can wield all weapons unhindered now
- There will be limited slots to carry these weapons
- Soldier can carry all weapons at once
- Adept, Engineer, and Sentinal will likely be limited to two weapons, three for Vanguard and Infiltrator
- Numerous endings
- Who you have in your squad and which allies you recruit greatly impact the endings that are available
- No multiplayer
Courtesy of Redditor henno13.
Courtesy of Freedan the Eternal at GameFAQs.
You can subscribe to Game Informer magazine through Gamestop for $20 / year, but in order to get the May 2011 issue, you'll have to wait until it hits newsstands.