Here are the changes to the Dragon Age 2 Talent Builder, from version alpha 1 to alpha 8a inclusive.
Talent Builder Version History
Version alpha 8a (April 12, 2011)
- Fixed the weapon selection display for Anders and Merrill.
Version alpha 8 (April 5, 2011)
- Added dynamic damage value calculation for tooltips. All non-percentage-based damage abilities scale based on your base damage, which is the "Damage" statistic value in your in-game character screen.
- Added an interface for you to input your character's damage value and weapon type. Rogue tooltip damage scales differently based on whether you're melee or ranged.
- Added the Ignore Requirements option. Originally, I implemented this feature for the importer script I wrote to generate urls from Bioware Social Network character profiles, but I added a visible option in the Talent Builder should you not care about requirements checking.
- Added a basic error log (Not yet done.)
- Clarified error messages with the ability name to which it refers.
- Performance: optimized the "Reset" option
Version alpha 7b (March 23, 2011)
- Fix: Tree icon in the build list wasn't loading the specified tree (deleted the event handler accidentally in the last update, oops!)
- Fix: Some approval handling code got accidentally deleted during the last update, causing Friendship / Rivalry ability names and tooltips to not load
Version alpha 7a (March 18, 2011)
- Added a visual feature that darkens abilities that aren't selected, making selected abilities look more distinctly bright
Version alpha 7 (March 17, 2011)
- Fix: Internet Explorer wasn't rendering the VML selection borders
- Performance: Minor tweaks
Version alpha 6 (March 14, 2011)
- Updated rogue talent data to Dragon Age 2 retail v1.00
- Added companion trees for Isabela, Sebastian, and Varric
Version alpha 5 (March 13, 2011)
- Updated mage talent data to Dragon Age 2 retail v1.00
- Updated warrior talent data to Dragon Age 2 retail v1.00
- Added companion trees for Anders, Aveline, Bethany, Carver, Fenris, and Merrill (you can now create/share companion builds)
- Added code to handle the Friendship vs. Rivalry selection
- Added a basic Cross-Class Combos display that lists all the selected abilities that inflict or specifically interact with Brittle, Disoriented, or Staggered enemy debuffs
- Fix: build urls weren't loading properly in Firefox
Version alpha 4 (March 9, 2011)
- Rogue talent trees implemented (data from TGS 2011 Demo)
- Specialization trees implemented for all three classes (data from Naitaka's post)
- Fix: saving a specialization as the first ability in your build list desyncs the display
Version alpha 3 (March 5, 2011)
- Mage talent trees implemented (data from TGS 2011 Demo)
- Added a dropdown menu for switching between classes.
- Added the ability to load/switch classes on demand.
- Performance: improved click event handling
- Added more descriptive selection error messages
Version alpha 2 (March 1, 2011)
- Fix: Adding ability dependencies to the wrong parent
Version alpha 1 (February 28, 2011)
- Interface implemented
- Warrior talent trees implemented (data from TGS 2011 Demo)
- Selecting and deselecting abilities implemented
- Selecting and deselecting specializations implemented (max 2 specializations)
- Basic requirements checking (dependencies/children and points invested in the tree)
- Drag and drop list sorting
- Ability tooltips (currently only static data)
- Saving and restoring builds (with location/url hashing)
- Reset implemented
- Update the warrior talent tree graphics with higher quality images
- Add a display for the number of points spent in each tree
- Add requirements checking to the drag-and-drop list so that you can't generate invalid build urls (e.g. take an upgrade before you take the ability it is upgrading)
- Add an indicator to show whether or not the current state of the build is saved
- Add attribute distribution choices
- Cache JSON parses for performance
- Refactor code
- Add options to output build lists to text/summary formats