Really, Commander? Strange as it may seem, apparently Dragon Age 2's official strategy guide will have a collector's edition of its own. Since there is no collector's edition of the game itself, I suppose that makes sense... It is slated to be released on the same day as Dragon Age 2, so expect to find it alongside Dragon Age 2 on the store shelves. Picture and information about its contents after the break.
According to Amazon, the contents of this strategy guide:
- Exclusive to the Collector’s Edition: an additional 16 pages with a behind-the-scenes section and an artwork gallery, plus a stunning hard cover with specialty treatments
- A dedicated Side Quests chapter presents all side missions, random encounters and all additional optional activities with a checklist to reach 100% completion
- The Walkthrough features annotated area maps with step-by-step action on the left-hand page and expanded strategies and advanced tactics on the right
- The Strategy & Analysis chapter focuses on high-level playing strategies and in-depth analysis of the game’s underlying mechanics.
- All-encompassing Inventory chapter features exhaustive lists and tables covering: weapons, armor, accessories, special items, shops, runes, crafting, consumables and gifts
- All-encompassing Bestiary chapter presents all details on: enemy ranks, locations, attributes, resistances, loot drops and more
- A feature-packed Extras chapter covers every Achievement, every Trophy, every Secret and also presents a Dragon Age encyclopaedia and a story recap
Gamestop's listing of this book notes the following: All logos, sales material, and bar codes will be on a separate drop-away sheet to preserve the collector's edition cover.
It will retail for $34.99 USD, but it looks like you currently can preorder it for the discounted price of $23.09 USD (34% off) at Amazon.com.